Apple’s Cupertino Campus was proposed by Steve jobs earlier this year.If you had already seen the earlier proposed design, this new one has seen some changes in look and floor plans.The Large Campus would be high tech and is called as Spaceship!
The new campus will be 2.8 million square-feet and could house 13,000 employees.This is larger than the U.S. Pentagon and New York City’s Empire State Building.The ‘Spaceship‘ was described as below by Steve Jobs earlier,
It’s a pretty amazing building. It’s a little like a spaceship landed. It’s got this gorgeous courtyard in the middle… It’s a circle. It’s curved all the way around. If you build things, this is not the cheapest way to build something. There is not a straight piece of glass in this building. It’s all curved. We’ve used our experience making retail buildings all over the world now, and we know how to make the biggest pieces of glass in the world for architectural use. And, we want to make the glass specifically for this building here. We can make it curve all the way around the building… It’s pretty cool.
Some Amazing things about Spaceship Campus is,
- The edge-to-edge footprint of the circular structure is just over 1520 feet, that is more than a quarter of a mile. The outer circumference of the main building is nearly 4800 feet, or in other words 9/10 of a mile!
- The main structure contains over 1.8 million square feet of office space spread over 4 above-ground levels.
- A 4-story, 58,050 square foot restaurant space on the building’s northeast corner will serve the food needs of whole campus.
- The main building’s roof is almost entirely covered in solar panels! (Green Initiative!)
- Two basement parking levels beneath the main building contain a total of 4300 parking spaces. Another 4-level satellite parking structure provides an additional 4600 spaces.
- A (relatively) small satellite building provides access to a basement auditorium with seating for approximately 1000 people before an enormous stage, very probably the site of future Apple events.
- Another satellite structure contains a gigantic corporate fitness center with a 2-story, 48,000 square foot exercise area and what looks like an Olympic-sized swimming pool.
- Six separate R&D facilities comprise a total of 300,000 square feet of space.
Below are some rendered pics and plans of Spaceship…(Click to enlarge)