There is another big release of WordPress here! Version 3.3 a.k.a Sonny.Being out with many new features and interface redesigns,, most WordPress users are upgrading the engine that powers their blog.Some WordPress users would have come across a fatal error after upgrading their WordPress.Your blog may work fine but the Back end Admin interfaces would not be accessible and you would be stopped by a message which would resemble this…
Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_rtl() in /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-includes/general-template.php on line yyyy
If you encountered such an error don’t worry.It is easy to fix the problem.It may have been caused by some of your plugins.Just follow the steps below.
- First disable all your plugins.But as you don’t have access to your dashboard, you need to do this by renaming the Plugins folder through your FTP account.
- The Plugins folder is located in wp-content.
- Once you rename try to access your Dashboard by logging in.
- You should now be able to see the dash without any error.
- Now try renaming the Plugins folder back to original again.
- Activate the plugins one by one and check what caused you the problem.
May be this is a tough task if you have many plugins.Many report that Popup Domination plugin cases this problem mostly.It is also reported with several other plugins.You have to find it! I f you have the problem due to some other plugin just comment here so that it would be easy for others who use the same to do the task easier.