Gmail users would be aware of the Priority inbox which allows them to see a list of important mails grouped together.Now Gmail has rolled out few more sorting options to ease your experience with mails.
The new inbox sorting options include Classic,important first,unread first,Starred first and the old Priority inbox.The names explain what they are meant to be.her is what they do.
- Classic – This is the default inbox style most people are used to. In the Classic inbox, messages are ordered chronologically, with your most recent email at the top.
- Priority Inbox – Important and unread messages appear at the top of your inbox, then starred messages, then everything else. Each section can be customized further, so you can create your own inbox style.
- Important first – This style puts important mail at the top of the page (both read and unread messages). Everything else is in its own section at the bottom of your inbox. You may have noticed that we turned on importance arrows for everyone a few weeks ago; this inbox style separates messages with these arrows from those without.
- Unread first – Simple: unread mail shown at the top; everything else at the bottom.
- Starred first – Starred messages shown at the top; everything else at the bottom.
The sort tabs will disappear once you settle on a new theme and use it for about a week.But you would always be able to access this feature as a dropdown menu on the inbox label.
How do you feel these sorting options? share your thoughts and views in comments…