Facebook’s Facial recognition to suggest photo tags when a photo is uploaded was earlier available only in North America.But now it is made global and the privacy settings of users have been automatically set to suggest tags.
What is about it? When a friend of you uploads a photo of you , facebook tries to recognise the faces,and suggests to tag you.Not just that,it reminds your friend to tag you.If you are a person wishing for privacy and do not need to be tagged on photos this is really going to be bad for you.
Many users have reported that this feature had been automatically enabled on their privacy settings page without any notice.Facebook must have made users to opt-in rather than to opt-out by enabling it by default.
How to opt-out? If thats the question on your mind just follow the steps below…
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Under the Account menu on the right top corner of the page,Choose Privacy Settings or simply GO HERE
- Under the Sharing on Facebook options Click on Customise Settings
- Scroll down on the page to find the options grouped as Things others share
- Click on Edit Settings button against the option Suggest photos of me to friends
- If it is enabled Select Diable and click Ok,Else if you prefer it to be enabled select Enable.
- You are Done now.
If the Option is not visible for you,then the feature is not yet enabled for your account.
What do you think of this feature?You prefer it enabled or not? Share your thoughts in comments…